Wednesday, February 22, 2012

fresh flowers

I never was one to splurge on flowers at the store before I moved to Europe. Perhaps it's the omnipresence of florists on every corner or their 2 euro price tag, but I've been in the habit of bringing home fresh flowers lately and I love it.  No ornate decorations necessary, just throw them into an old jam jar and enjoy their subtle happiness.

There doesn't have to be a particular reason to bring home flowers from the market, or perhaps a cold, dark winter is reason enough, but watching bulbs or buds grow and evolve is truly pleasurable. These beautiful tulips I picked up just after Valentine's day... and these hyacinth bulbs I planted in a few old salsa jars this weekend... bring a lot of happiness to our little apartment life.

No comments:

Post a Comment